The follow list provides information for finding that special someone online
1. Post an online personal ad yourself. It’s not difficult to do at all; the most important thing to remember is to be casual. In a case such as this there is no need to take it as serious as a job interview or bank loan, you should have fun and let your personality shine through the words. When describing yourself you should explain the things that you like to do, being specific is the best way for people to get to know the real you before you even have a chance to literally speak to them. Don’t say something obvious and general, for example, “I like to dance”. There are many people that like to dance, what type of dancing do you like and have you had any training in a particular style, now that is being specific. Give examples of different styles, such as the foxtrot, break dancing or the waltz. Another important thing about being specific, you should always state your age and give the age range your looking within. Doing this will always save you time in the long run and prevent and conversation that will lead you to a dead end street.
2. Strike up an email conversation with anyone whose ad or response seems interesting. In an email conversation you are able to let your personality shine through, there is now need to be reluctant. If you are a shy person, this gives you the opportunity to get to know the person virtually before meeting them in person. You have to keep in mind that the person on the other side is also trying to find out information about you as well, so there is no need to feel as if you are on the hot site being interrogated. Ask them anything that comes to mind, for example. What is your favorite movie? Do you have any siblings? Do you like to dance? You should always ask open ended questions that will enable you both to have a lengthy conversation. Get the ball rolling and see what happens. If, however, after three or four emails nothing at all really peaks your interest, it is sometimes best to just politely say you don’t think the two of you would make a good match and go on to learn more about the next person.
3. After you have had a fair amount of time to speak to this person via email then you are able to have a phone conversation. The telephone is the first step towards a more personal relationship with someone that you have met online. Being on the phone shows you another dimension of the person’s personality. Delivering messages via email or instant messenger allows for dead space during the conversation. On the phone you have to put in more of yourself which will allow you to gauge if you should meet this individual in person or not. The phone conversation could turn out to be uncomfortable at first, but if you keep the conversation casual and friendly you will be fine.
4. Arrange a meeting once you feel fairly comfortable with the other person on the phone. It is never safe to meet someone for the first time at a private location, the safest thing that you can do is to meet the person and a public place. A café, movie theater, public restaurant would be good places to choose. Always make sure that you tell a friend where you are going to meet your date and depending on your comfort level you might want to consider bring a friend with you at least to have them meet the mystery date.
5. Pursue of not to pursue that is the question. Finally the last step after having a date with this person is to decide if this is the person for you and if he or she deserves to go on another date with you.